Monday, July 30, 2012

More Priority Club points (and status!)

Back in June, I posted about my first mattress run at the Candlewood Suites (an IHG hotel). Shortly after the stay, I received 7,330 points, but I knew more were on the way. Well, all of the points I expected to receive finally posted and it looks like my one stay netted me a total of 17,330 points (the 3,000 other promotional points I received would have posted regardless of whether or not I had a "stay").

I'd say that's a pretty decent haul of points for just over $50 (room cost $131.06-$75 mail-in rebate), considering if you use the "cash and points" option to reserve a room, 10,000 points cost $70.

I've already got a booking in mind for these points, but I'm anxiously awaiting the next Point Breaks list to see if my hotel is on it. (Update 7/31: The new list was posted! Unfortunately, nothing I can use this time, but maybe next time.)

Since these new points bumped up to more than 20,000, I now have status! Not that it really means anything to me at this point.

It takes 15 nights OR 20,000 points to move up to the Gold Elite, which comes with additional benefits such as Priority Check-In and 10% bonus earning on top of base points. Of course, Platinum is where I'd really like to be (because it comes with complimentary upgrades), but I doubt I'll get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment