Sunday, July 8, 2012

The check is in the mail


I love checking my email and seeing a “the check is in the mail” message from Staples.
If you’re looking for a way to meet your minimum spend for a lucrative credit card sign-on bonus, then take a good look at Staples.
In thisblog post, I discussed how I used free after rebate items to help me spend $3,000 in three months. Well, Staples just happens to be my favorite store for this task. Why? Because of their Easy Rebates that require no postage or cutting of UPCs.
You simply go to their website, type in the information from your receipt and Staples does the rest. All of my easy rebates have arrived quickly with no hassle. The tiny drawback is the postcard-style check that can easily be overlooked and accidentally thrown out with junk mail. Still, Staples has always sent me a “the check is in the mail” email, so I know it’s on the way.
And if you pair the free after rebate items with a coupon (sign up for Staples emails), you can actually make money! Way cool, right?!
Staples also has a Rewards program. From the website: Staples Rewards are issued monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter.
The Rewards program seems pretty good if you buy a lot of paper or ink or recycle ink cartridges. Also, they frequently offer items that are free after rewards, which is different from a rebate. I haven’t been maximizing the Rewards program, but I signed up for it, just in case a good opportunity arises.
Check out thisweek’s ad for lots of free and sub-$1 office and school supply deals (some are after rebate, some are not). Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment