Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm back...earn free night with new Club Carlson promo

Well, I'm back from my hiatus. I thought I'd jump right back in with a promo I recently registered for, though not sure if I will take advantage or not.



Radission 1 For 1 promo

The first 50,000 Club Carlson members to register for the Radisson 1 for 1 promotion will be eligible for a Free Night Award at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean.

Promo details are as follows:
  • Book a qualifying stay online at www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com at any Radisson Blu or Radisson hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31, 2012.
  • Complete your qualifying stay between Oct. 1, 2012 and Dec. 31, 2012.
  • When you are ready to book your Free Night Award, log in to your Club Carlson account and then search for your desired location and date. Select the 0 Point rate option in the Gold Points column and click “Book Now.”
  • The Free Night Award will be available through your Club Carlson account and will be valid for online reservations at Radisson Blu and Radisson hotels in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean through Dec. 31, 2013.

 Stay More Nights promo


The 1 For 1 promo can be stacked with the Stay More Nights promo, which awards bonus points for every night stayed between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31.


Complete the registration form to earn:
  • 2,000 bonus points per night when you stay one to five nights
  • 4,000 bonus points per night when you stay six to nine nights
  • 6,000 bonus points per night when you stay 10 to 20 nights
Your total award will be calculated and credited to your account early in January 2013.

The 1 For 1 promotion is not nearly as lucrative as the 150,000 points I got from mattress runs over the summer. I most likely won't have a need for a hotel stay between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, though if I can find a good rate, I'll do a mattress run. During the summer promotion, I paid about $75 for my night at the Radisson. Current rates at my local Radisson are almost $100, which is too much for me. The other drawback is that the free night can only be used in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean. The previous promo allowed for worldwide redemption.

Still, it can be a pretty good deal if you can book a sub-$100 rate, then use your free night at a place like the Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago, where rooms go for $250 to $300 per night.

No comments:

Post a Comment