Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trip report: Clearwater Beach, FL—Hyatt Regency Hotel review


This is post three of three about my trip to Clearwater Beach, Fl in August 2012.

Related posts

My mother and I arrived at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach a few hours before the check-in time of 4 p.m. Not having any status with the chain, I was prepared to just leave our bags and wander around town, but the front desk nicely accommodated us early.


The entrance & lobby

The large pink structure is imposing and can be seen from pretty much anywhere on the beach.
Nice lobby

The room


All rooms at this hotel offer a full kitchen with granite countertops, microwave, refrigerator and counter cooktop, which is nice for saving money on meals should you want to hit up the local Publix grocery store or reheat some leftover restaurant meals.


Our Deluxe 2 Queens room was bright, clean and spacious. Basically, everything I could ask for in a free room.

The bathroom was large as well.  

The view

We were on the 8th floor, which is the same level as the swimming pool. We had a balcony and nice views of both the Gulf and the Clearwater Bay.
View from our balcony


Speaking of the pool, it was small, but not crowded at the time of my stay. Views were nice.

Eighth floor swimming pool
There is also a terrace and hot tub on the 16th floor. It would have been nice to catch one of those Clearwater sunsets from up there, but it was either too overcast or raining during my stay.
View from the terrace on the 16th floor


The Hyatt staff was all friendly and helpful. I did not partake in any meals in the restaurant, but did have a drink in the lobby bar during happy hour.

I was concerned about the resort fees ($20 per night) that were listed on my reservation, but thankfully this hotel waives resort fees for award nights. Word to the wise, parking is also pricey, but I didn’t have a car, so this was not an issue for me.

The verdict: I would definitely stay at this hotel again (for free on points, of course!) should I return to Clearwater Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment