Monday, June 25, 2012

Freebie Roundup



I love signing up for free samples. Checking the mailbox is more fun when you’re always anticipating what freebie will show up this week.

What does this have to do with cheap travel?
Free samples often come with high-dollar coupons (and I only request the freebies for stuff I would probably buy/use regardless). Using the coupons means savings on my grocery bill, so I have more money to spend on wants like travel.
Free samples often come in travel size quantities, which are perfect for that TSA 3 oz. liquid rule or for non-liquid items, just enough to take on a short trip.

I plan to frequently post some of the freebies I’ve signed up for. Here are some recent ones. Samples go quickly, so YMMV (your mileage may vary).
U by Kotex (click on Build Your Board)
Invisible Glass Wipes (3,000 samples per day limit)
Lysol Dual Action Wipes (not a free sample, but free after rebate)

Good freebie, but I won’t be requesting it since I have no need for a men’s razor

Upcoming freebies
On July 13, Chick-fil-A will award a free meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) to any customer who comes to one of their 1,600+ restaurants fully dressed as a cow. Those in partial costumes will receive a free entrée.
I did this last year (printed off the cow starter kit from the website and paper clipped the pieces to my clothes on my lunch hour) and the cashier gave me a free meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment