Thursday, January 10, 2013

1,000 Southwest Rapid Reward points for filing with TurboTax


It's that time of year again--tax time.

I got an email from Southwest that says you can earn Rapid Rewards Points for filing your taxes with TurboTax Online. File your 2012 tax return with any TurboTax Online Federal product (even the free one!) by April 15, 2013 and earn 1,000 points. You'll need to log in to Rapid Rewards shopping and click thru to TurboTax.

According to the fine print, 2012 TurboTax Online Federal Products Qualifying for 1,000 Rapid Rewards Points are TurboTax Online Federal Free, Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business.

Unfortunately, the free version of TurboTax doesn't cover tax schedules C, D, E, and F (required for people who own a business or have sold investments), so I probably won't take advantage of this promo since I usually file a schedule C for my freelance writing. I usually use taxact.com for free federal filing and since my state has no income taxes, I never have to worry about paying for that.

1,000 free points seems like a good deal to me if you normally do your own taxes and can take advantage of the free TurboTax product or if you normally pay for one of the more advanced TurboTax online products. However, I wouldn't pay for it specifically for the 1,000 points if that's not your typical course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment